British Association of Removers - BAR
BAR is there to help you make the right choices and can offer help and assistance before, during and after your removal.
BAR aims to be the recognised voice of the professional moving industry, to provide a comprehensive range of essential services to its members, and to be the guardian of professional standards for the benefit of its members and their customers.
- Sets professional standards for the industry by its criteria and Code of Practice
- Provides professional training and support for the removal industry
- Provides information and advice to removers and their customers
- Provides a complaints and disputes resolution service
- Lobbies on behalf of the industry
For more than a century The British Association of Removers (BAR) has been promoting professional excellence in the Removals Industry.
Choosing a BAR Member will ensure your move goes smoothly. You will have the peace of mind that comes from using a reputable, professional and safe remover, and in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, you’ve got someone to turn to.
We are the only trade association in the removals sectors that helps our Members and, importantly protects their customers by:
- Setting high professional standards for the industry by our Membership Criteria
- Raising standards in the industry, by giving clear professional advice
- Providing a protection scheme in the unlikely event that something goes wrong
- Lobbying government to ensure that the moving industry and the public get a fair deal
If you are moving to the UK or Europe or if you are relocating your offices search for a BAR Member, and ‘Look for the badge’.