How do I move my pets overseas?
Pet Transport Services for shipping pets overseas is arranged by OSS World Wide Movers to ensure your loved family pet arrives happy and healthy at your destination.
It is usually fine to move a pet overseas, but please discuss this as soon as possible with us to ensure a trouble free pet transfer. Either over the phone or during your in home consultation service you will have all your questions answered.
Certain exotic pets may be prohibited in some countries and you may have to comply with various Quarantine Service Regulations prior to your pet being allowed into the destination country.
Our pet carrier partner of choice is Jet Pets. The information below will give you some idea of the Pet Travel process when moving overseas
Jetpets provide an all-inclusive door-to-door service, from Australia to any destination in the world. Your pets comfort and safety is their number one priority.
Jet Pets Consultants will…
- Find out all about your VIP’s – very important pets!
- Provide expert advice on preparing your pet for international travel including quarantine and customs requirements
- Decide on the best sized travel crate to ensure pets travel comfortably, including a stay dry fleece mat
- Arrange for your pets travel crate to be delivered to your home
- Book your pet on the most direct flight
- Arrange a comfort stop along the way
- Can arrange door to door service
- Prepare your special detailed pet travel itinerary
Our Resident Vets…
- Are professional experts in pet travel and can provide your pet with all the correct treatments they need to travel to their destination
- Will ensure all documents and treatments are done accurately
- Can come and visit you at home as a free part of our service (state dependent)
- Will give your pet a health check at our Jetpets Transit Lounge prior to their flight
Other parts of the Jet Pets service…
- Our pet handlers will come to your house to personally and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas)
- Jetpets Transit Lounge access, for your pet to stretch out and relax out of their crate before their flight
- Jetaway Travel can book your flight to match your pets
- 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service
Interesting Pet Travel Info…
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees celsius so that they are comfortable
- The pets cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see is what going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what your pet will experience (except in a travel crate they have much more leg room than us!)
The videos below will give you an indication of the process involved for the animal when moving pets overseas.