Like most countries Australia has a number of COVID-19 lockdown measures in place. All cafes/bars/restaurants/gyms/pools, most retail shops (other than supermarkets) and sporting events are closed.
Certain industries are able to operate as “Essential Services”.
At this time we are able to advise it is BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR OSS as we are able to operate under the Freight and Logistics Exemption and also the Moving House Provisions.
OSS are able to perform all normal functions.
– Surveys in home (by video if client prefers)
– Packing and uplift
– Shipping from Australia
– Collection from port
– Customs and Quarantine Clearances
– Delivery to residence
Having said that, in Australia we have a number of measures in place to address the COVID-19 situation, which include:
• We are actively monitoring the daily health status of all employees through temperature checks, a series of health-related questions and providing sanitary solutions for all staff. Our policy requires any employees showing any sign of sickness to stay home.
Employees who have symptoms of an acute respiratory illness will be required to stay home until they are fever and symptom free for at least 24 hours and provide a medical certificate from their doctor before returning to the workplace.
• We have implemented a work from home program for around 50% of our staff to ensure the social distancing within our offices for those remaining in the office.
• We are limiting and practicing social distancing and avoiding unnecessary physical interaction with customers. This can include keeping physical contact to a minimum (avoid handshakes, etc) and requesting customers to maintain social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) from the crews.
• We require all employees to adopt frequent handwashing and other sanitary measures. We have provided all staff with these means including hand sanitiser in all company vehicles.
• Performing increased cleaning and disinfecting of all frequently touched surfaces in our offices, warehouses, and trucks.
• Ensure crews are equipped with gloves and masks, as needed.
Generally speaking the effect of the general lockdown presents more challenges than usual and these are being dealt with as they arise, maintaining our Customer Service focus at all times.
Shipping line freight services are less reliable than usual as the lines endeavour to deal with the changed pattern of commercial freight movements globally over the past couple of months.
Airfreight services are particularly limited and restricted at this time.
All of the above measures are subject to change at any time as the Federal Government and the individual State Governments grapple with the unique circumstances prevailing in Australia (and the world) due to COVID-19.
To date our Federal Government has adopted a balanced approach to dealing with COVID-19, in an attempt to control the virus spread against the need to ensure the economy is not destroyed by those control measures and other measures in place in Australia and elsewhere.
This approach has proven successful to date although things are still volatile and being reviewed daily by Federal and State Governments and their Agencies.
Thank you for your ongoing support and rest assured we will do all in our power to maintain services whilst complying with the Government directives and common-sense preventative measures.
OSS WORLD WIDE MOVERS